Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Goodbye, Miss M!



















I have been teaching for 20 years, but for some reason this is the first time I've ever had a student teacher.
Why did I wait so long?

Having Miss M was one of the most fulfilling experiences of my teaching career.

Every day I got to watch her gift for working with children grow and grow. The children who get her as their teacher will be blessed. She will make their classroom a great place to spend a year.

This picture was taken on her last day in my classroom. She is posing with her precious mother who drove to Austin to share this very special day. I have a daughter the same age as Miss M, so I think I can imagine the joy they were both feeling as one era ended and another one began. Miss M stepped onto the threshold of her future.

Godspeed, Miss M. You'll never know how much I appreciated your professionalism, hard work and joy in teaching! You filled our room to the brim with your enthusiasm.

Life is good in the first grade, isn't it?

No comments: