Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Like I told you in previous posts, Branson, Missouri, has everything.

Here we find K posed with O in the heart of Branson. (Since he is about to become president and has no internet privacy issues, I will refer to him by his full name in the future.)

Teaching my first graders about Martin Luther King Jr., segregation and the significance of Barack Obama becoming president has been an eye opening experience. In their innocence, they have no idea what I am talking about.
And I realize that is a good thing.
Because things have changed so drastically since my elementary school years in the 60's.
The words I speak about the past sound like fairy tales to them.
Without the happy ending.
Yet.

In full disclosure, this is not the candidate I voted for.
But this will be the president I support and pray for. We all know the climate and economic turbulance of America.
May God bless President Obama with wisdom for our country.
And may He bless America again.

No comments: