Sunday, May 22, 2011

Graduation 2011

I may have mentioned a time or twenty that at the end of this school year, I will finish my classroom teaching career. I'm returning to a private school where I used to teach, but this time as the elementary principal. I am past excited.
One of my highlights of teaching there was this kindergarten class from 1998-1999. This picture shows "Come Dressed As Your Favorite Letter" Day. We were celebrating because everyone had learned all of their letters and sounds. ( My own children, who also attended this school, were in junior high at this time. I know they were thrilled to have their mother roaming the halls dressed as a blue M&M.)
Those kindergartners? They graduated from high school yesterday. I was honored to be asked to give certificates to the students who attended this school from kindergarten all the way through graduation. How did the time pass so quickly?
First day of school with GK...
...GK graduating. (She sang at graduation and has the voice of an angel.)
RW's first day of kindergarten.
RW graduating as salutatorian. (I am standing on a step next to her. She's grown a bit.)
JA on his first day of kindergarten...
...and yesterday as a high school graduate. (Nice tie.)
CB as one of my kindergarteners.
CB graduating yesterday. (She asked me to be her assistant at VBS last year, and it was one of the highlights of my summer)

Thank you, Class of 2011, for allowing me the privilege of being a part of your journey. I have kept up with all but a few of you over the years, and you've blessed me over and over again with sweet notes and visits. I cannot wait to see the plans that God has for each one of you unfold. I'm available in May 2015 when your college graduations roll around. Can't wait!

4 comments:

Amy said...

WOW. SO neat. I love seeing the pictures and think it's so awesome that you're still in these kids' lives.

Buttercup said...

What a wonderful pictures. Especially like the blue M & M! Wishing you every happiness as your new adventure begins. I will be cheering you on.

Anne Smith said...

Wow. I'm really glad your hair has evolved with you. :) Love you, just had to tease a little. Like your hair.

Craig Weeks said...

A careful inspection will reveal that the other of my children to be blessed, so very blessed, by time in your classroom makes a cameo appearance. And I'm not sure she even knows who Alfred Hitchcock is. :)