Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Just Do It

I am becoming increasingly convicted of eliminating the following words from my life: "Well, maybe someday I will be able to do that...." No more. (Or, as someone who has two years of high school Spanish under her belt from X decades ago: No mas.)

I have done Beth Moore Bible studies since she began releasing them. I have always been amazed that they seem to minister to whatever I have going on in my life at that time. Words of Truth can do that.

A teacher friend and I heard that Beth (surely boxes of completed Bible studies put me on a first name basis) was introducing her new study on the book of James. (The "Count it all joy" book.) My friend and I decided to make the three hour drive to Beth's church to attend, and began making plans for how to pull it off. Well, last night (on the final night) we made it.

And? Oh.My.Word. Can we all agree that it was a wonderful evening and totally worth the drive, sub plans and personal day off? (And an even sweeter layer to the evening was when some friends who live in the area met us there.)

Someday activities? In the future, they will be an appointed dates on my calendar. In ink.


4 comments:

Lynn said...

Amen, no more "someday"! So glad you able to attend the study! I'm really looking forward to when that study is available.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the inspiration!
~CMIL ~A

Anonymous said...

Good for you Rayeanne!! I have always wanted to go to her study too. I am going "someday". Looking forward in doing that study too!!

Love ya,
Patty R.

Sarah said...

This is exactly what I'm feeling about the year 2011, Rayeanne. I'm tired of waiting until the perfect time to step out and DO things. I'm so glad you got to go see Beth in person. (I haven't done nearly as many studies as you have, but I too think I'm on a first-name basis.) I saw her once at a taping in Bedford, and it was phenomenal. I was so drained from sobbing and worshiping that I could barely drive myself home. I don't know how SHE did it. That study on James sounds awesome. I hope our church will pick it up.