Saturday, July 25, 2009

Nameless Post

Today, the last of the family went home. I've been surrounded since July 9th by different combinations of guests, but today? It's Home Alone for the first time.  The house is a mess, and I don't care. I'm not hungry, so it looks like bagged organic popcorn is the meal of choice. There is a Gilmore Girls marathon on TV that is keeping my mind blank. I don't know how to use all the buttons on the remote, set the a/c or check the phone messages because those were never my job. D's best buddy was diagnosed with bladder cancer yesterday and that stinks.

Thinking I'm entering the anger stage of grief,  because I'm certainly not in denial of what has happened. Hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

4 comments:

Buttercup said...

Hoping with you. It really stinks about D's friend.

Anonymous said...

Hope today was a better day.

Unknown said...

Remote buttons are evil, who needs answering machines, if they really know you, they can text you, or post on your blog. Now, the thermostate, that's when you have to ask someone you know to come give you a play by play demonstration, if you can figure out who to ask.
In my prayers and thoughts!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Dee from Tennessee

Hope and pray that today was a better day.